Beauty Transformation: HAIR

Leave a Comment

From Bangs to Pixie and everything in between.



During my senior year of high school, I trademarked the bangs look. From straight across to side-swept, I kept them pretty regular by doing my own trimming (hacking). When I got sick of the length of the rest of my hair, I would go up to a mop top and let it go years without a trim until it was long again. Gross, right?! Around college I was starting to go back to my "Feist" bangs look by popular demand and it eventually got too comfortable and ubiquitous in Seattle. And, SO begins the transformation.




College 2011-2013


During this time, I was home dying with Clairol Natural Instincts in Dark Brown or as my friends called it "espresso."
Post-graduation, I started making more money. Which, led to an unnecessary amount of trips to Rudy's for bang cuts. It wasn't too long before I started to trim it shorter, to shoulder length, to a bob... and soon to a pixie. 


During the summer of 2014, my boyfriend and I moved in together, and we decided I try out my (and his ;)) fantasy of being a blonde pixie, like my favorite ill-fated starlet: Edie Sedgwick. Except without the raging speed and heroine problem. 
My hair was raven black at the time! So, of course the process to get it from black to blonde was an all day event, thanks to Patricia Michiko at Gary Manuel Aveda Studio


Earrings - By Samii Ryan

It went from black to orange and settled to purple/lavender, as purple dye counteracts with warm tones like orange and yellow.


Back at Bishops, I settled with a more inexpensive route to keep the blonde toning process going strong. Sorry hair, and your welcome wallet. EVENTUALLY, I achieved the silver blonde mod look, I've always wanted!


For the entirety of this year, I've kept a consistent platinum blonde look. I leave my shaved side my natural color, since it's barely there anyway. 


This look has transformed my life and my confidence to fulfilling degree. People have told me constantly that I have the face shape and the lean, gamine look for it and have absolutely nailed it! I know it was a favorite among my distant peers... but the days of hiding behind bangs have long gone. Sorry not sorry!

Best of the Best Seattle Salons:
Gary Manuel Salon (ask for Patty!)
Hair By Joey (he might have a waitlist... but Joey is it!)
Gene Jaurez Salon (Ask for Mary!)

Best of the Best: Seattle Walk-In Barbershops
Bishops Barbershop (Ask for Jude or Juan!)
Rudy's Barbershop (If at the Ave shop, ask for Emily!)

P.S. Jude from Bishops threw in a little Pravana Neon Pink color last time I was there... annnnd I feel like a Pink Flamingo ;)
























SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig